Search the forum,

Discuss Black Limestone slabs in garden water marks in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

ljd

Hi,

I wonder if anybody can help, I have just had my garden laid with black kota limestone slabs, these were then covered by our landscaper with lithofin colour intensifier. for a few days it looked brilliant, however since then I have been left with patches of water marks on approx. 10-20% of the slabs. I have tried putting another coat of the intensifier over the top but they re-surface. if there a product I should be using to get rid of them. the garden looked tired already. cheers

C

Concrete guy

Colour intensifier is only that - and intensifier. They should also have been sealed with stain stop.

There's no point putting more intensifier on it won't help.

Give http://www.extensive.co.uk/ a call, explain the situation and they will tell you how to proceed.

L

ljd

Thanks a lot for the info. I will call them Monday. I dont understand that given it rained, that only a percentage of slabs are stained ??? hopefully there is a product to rectify this problem. Thanks again

T

Time's Ran Out

It's an issue I've seen and surveyed on many occasions and although these suggested products are very good, from my experience the horse has already bolted!
I'am not sure what your expectations were when you selected your stone but most outside products tend to revert to their natural state and Black Limestone is not dark and shiney - unless wet!
The marks you are seeing are now in the stone from the handling process and you landscapers fixing/cleaning methods prior to the colour intensifier being used.
Imho all limestone should be thoroughly sealed from the pallet as uneven moisture at this stage is similar to blotting paper and once marked will remain marked.
You may try a discreet area using a stone oil, similar to the process with boiled linseed oil in the sealing of terracotta. I must add you should be fully aware of the flammable nature of this product with old rags!
If you require any further information you can contact me after 23rd when I'am off the beach!
John

L

ljd

thanks john, I get your point about expectations. i just hoped to get some longevity before it looked dated.

L

ljd

thanks a lot ats, I did write a comment earlier but it hasn't shown up, I have checked out their website and will call them Monday cheers

W

White Room

thanks a lot ats, I did write a comment earlier but it hasn't shown up, I have checked out their website and will call them Monday cheers

Your first few posts are automatically unapproved and have be approved by a mod.

Reply to Black Limestone slabs in garden water marks in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen