Currently reading:
Big clinker

Search the forum,

Discuss Big clinker in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

25% off in this months screwfix offers, great all round cutter, offering excellent value for money, very good on hard porcelain.

sa7e7aze.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bubblecraft

Lol, you don't tile all day every day! I had the original version that got all wobbly after about 6 months, this is the new version I believe. Maybe I should have chosen my words better, sorry if I have offended the clinker massiv, lol!

Very true Bri. I don't use it all day every day but it has done a fair amount of m2. Think in 3 years I've went through 4 wheels in that time

Z

zzr-matt

Beware that this is a version that is made only for screwfix and at a cost. It only has one blade height instead of 4 and the base is not quite so sturdy. I have one infront of me now and the play in the shaft bearing gives around 1.5mm of horizontal play in the cutting wheel!

It is not a new version of the Clinker its a cheap version of it.

Mine is going back and ill pay the extra for the other Big Clinker from Screwfix @ 109.99

Tried to buy one from topps tiles today but they were only willing to drop to 125 quid. Whats a real trade price on these things from topps?

B

Bubblecraft

Beware that this is a version that is made only for screwfix and at a cost. It only has one blade height instead of 4 and the base is not quite so sturdy. I have one infront of me now and the play in the shaft bearing gives around 1.5mm of horizontal play in the cutting wheel!

It is not a new version of the Clinker its a cheap version of it.

Mine is going back and ill pay the extra for the other Big Clinker from Screwfix @ 109.99

Tried to buy one from topps tiles today but they were only willing to drop to 125 quid. Whats a real trade price on these things from topps?

I didn't know that Matt. Cheers for the heads up. I'm picking mine up in the morning. If it is not as good as you say, I think I'll get the same as what I've already got. You'd automatically think it was an upgraded cutter with it being a 2. Just shows you!

Z

zzr-matt

Im tempted to build a CNC tile cutter get some real accuracy going on...

Here is the reply from Vitrex technical when i asked the difference....

The big clinker is one of our top spec manual cutter as it has a four position cutting wheel for different types of tiles and thicknesses it has a cast steel base for extra strength and it cuts up to 18mm tile thickness The clinker 2 has a aluminium base and cuts tile up to 14mm thickness and only one position cutting wheel ( we only supply screwfix with this model)

Reply to Big clinker in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement