Search the forum,

Discuss best product for plastered wall in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Perfect Tiling

Evening. I'm currently working in a new house that has a curved shower wall which consists of concrete blocks that have recently been bond coated and skimmed. I used mapie shower waterproofing kit....applied the primer and 2 coats of the tanking over 3 days to allow drying. however....the tanking came off in a skin with the primer. First thoughts are that the plaster was still damp....I'd left it 2 weeks from final skim coat. Could this be the case? Is there a better product to use on plastered walls. I usually use mapie aqua defence straight onto plasterboard...it comes with no primer and sticks like s*$t to a shovel. Much appreciated.

Reply to best product for plastered wall in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen