Discuss best diamond disc to buy in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

average

TF
Reaction score
I have the dewalt dw2000 however i will be laying 800x800 porcelain tiles in a few weeks and as great as the dealt is, i cant cut these tiles with this machine :( I have a bosh and dewalt 4 inch grinders and wanting to know what would be the best diamond blades to buy that wont chip the tiles.

O

One Day

Marcrist ck850 akkumax is the best I've yet to use. The only negative is they are fragile, so they need to be used carefully.

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

For my cordless I use Marcrist CK750 Tile Blade Diamond 150 x 25.4mm. I also have a Premtool Turbo Fastline (115mm) after advice from the site sponsor. The premtool I have only used to test as the job is this weekend but it works very well and it will sit in my 18v grinder box. Thanks for the advice.
The largest disc I used to cut some 600x300 floor tiles (a small number) and its exceptional - a pleasure to use.
I also have the DW2000 but will be too large for my weekend job.

p.s. I am an not a professional Tile Trade person.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

The Marcrist CK 750. This is a continuous blade that will give a nice clean cut on most tiles. It is better if you can cut wet but it can also be used dry.

Diamond Blades | Amazing Prices for Diamond Blades to Buy Online | Pro Tiler Tools - https://www.*******************/categories/diamond-blades/diamond-blades--tiling-/marcrist-diamond-blades/marcrist-ck750-long-life-premium-range

Or if you can use a 115mm blade I would recommend the PREMTOOL Turbo Fastline blade. This is to be used dry and will give you a nice clean cut and should be a faster cut but is only available in 115mm.

PREMTOOL Turbo Fastline 115mm x 22.2mm Diamond Blade TUR115 | Buy Diamond Blades (Tiling) Online from Pro Tiler Tools - https://www.*******************/product/premtool-turbo-fastline-115mm-x-22-2mm-diamond-blade-tur115

This has given clean cuts on ceramic - havent used on anything else.
Marcrist CK650 Cordless Angle Grinder Diamond Tile Blade 115 x 22.23mm | Diamond Segmented Blades | NoLinksToThis - https://www.NoLinksToThis/p/marcrist-ck650-cordless-angle-grinder-diamond-tile-blade-115-x-22-23mm/5307r

The Premtool, Marcrist 115 & 150mm I havent used long enough to know there durability. They are not expected to last as long as a wet saw disc.

kevsalt

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
marcrist ck 750 would be my choice ....nice clean cut ..good life span ..i use them in me husqy table saw

average

TF
Reaction score
Bought the m ck 750 in 115mm x22mm for my dewalt. Think my dewalt is a 4&1/2 inch grinder so hopefully itll fit. If not, looks like the guard will be coming off

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

It sounds Kevsalt is using this in his wet saw whereas your grinder will be dry. That was why I chose the Premtool. I dont know which dewalt grinder you have but 115mm fit in my cordless 18v (which is a 4.5) and also my hitachi corded (also a 4.5"). The dewalt guards will provide a small clearance to the 115mm disc.
I wouldn't want to use one cutting tiles with the guard removed personally.

I havent used the blade Impish has mentioned only the ones I've described and some lower cost circa £10 tile blades in the past. I struggled to find blade specifications for Marcrist but this may be helpful (Marcrist Product Catalogue 2015 - https://issuu.com/marcristdiamondtools/docs/955.9999.070uk_r1_marcrist_catalogu)
I dont know the difference between the ck850(T) and the CK850 Akkumax.

Reply to best diamond disc to buy in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks