Search the forum,

Discuss bathroom floor to ceiling tiles - What to do when tiles meet ceiling in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

aabbcc112233

hi

im tiling up my bathroom floor to ceiling . ive just got to do the top row of tile which meet the ceiling . the ceiling skim is uneven at times . im wondering do i grout the gap where the tile meets the ceiling or put a trim there or anything else.

any suggestions will be welcome as im a newbie .

thanks

mz30

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Re: bathroom floor to ceiling tiles - What to do when tiles meet ceili

Scribe your cuts into the ceiling and grout the joint.

S

Stef

Scribe to the ceiling & either finish the painting & silicone or use decorators caulk as this can be painted.
Measure up & take off spacer size plus 2mm so if your using a 3mm spacer then measure & take 5mm off.

J

jollyroger

Before I comment....Will the tiles be too short to scribe to the ceiling ?

A

aabbcc112233

no tiles are ok as they will need to be cut

J

jollyroger

Ok then just refer to previous comments. Time consuming but worth it. You need to measure each individual tile and cut to fit. I prefer silicone myself but only if ceiling has been painted first. Have used both grout and decorators caulk in the past but as this is an expansion joint, it will always result in a hairline crack. Paint ceiling with a good quality bathroom paint and finish with silicone for best results.

S

Stef

Ok then just refer to previous comments. Time consuming but worth it. You need to measure each individual tile and cut to fit. I prefer silicone myself but only if ceiling has been painted first. Have used both grout and decorators caulk in the past but as this is an expansion joint, it will always result in a hairline crack. Paint ceiling with a good quality bathroom paint and finish with silicone for best results.

Exactly!!!!

Reply to bathroom floor to ceiling tiles - What to do when tiles meet ceiling in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen