Search the forum,

Discuss bath sealant in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

shero

Hi just a quick question. When tiling over a bath, do you tile over the bath and use silicone between the bath and tiles, or do you put a plastic bath sealant on the top of the bath and tile to the plastic and then silicone? Which is better? Thanks.

G

GazTech

Hi just a quick question. When tiling over a bath, do you tile over the bath and use silicone between the bath and tiles, or do you put a plastic bath sealant on the top of the bath and tile to the plastic and then silicone? Which is better? Thanks.
The first has always been my method, can't stand tile trims around baths....dirty filthy disgusting trap for germs and not very nice to look at......Gaz

D

Droopy

Silicone before and after tiling is the best method.

Plastic bath seals are terrible inventions, IMO.
They are there only to hide a poor bath installation, nothing more.

D

DHTiling

Totally agree with the lads above....silicone first then tile to the bath leave at least a 2mm gap between the tile and the bath , then when dry weight the bath by filling it with water then inject the silicone right into the gap this will create a nice water tight seal.....and put no stress on the tiles either......:thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

:grouphug: i am with the lads above. Would rather see the old ceramic bath beads than that horrible platic stuff. Have you ever seen the black mess that accumulates under that....Yuk

Reply to bath sealant in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen