Search the forum,

Discuss Bath Panel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Scottish Mark

Hi, i am tiling bathroom floor next week customer has asked if i could cut a part of the bottom of their bath panel off in case they need to do any repairs etc of their bath so they do not have to take up tiles if i did this would i leave a 3mm gap and just seal right along where tile and bath meet? any help would be great

Cheers Mark

S

sweaty sock

Awright mate - From one scottish mark to another - i do this all the time - what is the material ?- watch out for laminated mdf ,needs sealed after cutting - also i always seal any wooden ones.Fix a batten along length of bath and tile up to it,leaving a good 25mm plus above level of tiles,this will then let u screw into it after cutting,use coloured screw covers to match in with panel or chrome /brass collars to give it the professional look-customers preference.I would silicone bottom as well to stop water ingress from bath-finishes job and should match in with seal around perimeter of floor.:ninja: Tofee

P

Partizannka

Hello, I need a tip on what material is usually used to fill in the gaps between the tiles? Is there a filling that would be of red colour, not white or grey?

I love bathrooms

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Bath Panel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen