Search the forum,

Discuss Bal APD primer not doing its job on Marmox and Impey waterguard in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Marmox shouldn't be dusty and cement like? Are you sure it's marmox?
Maybe dusty is the wrong word, perhaps dry. Definitely cement though from the marmox website "each side faced with fibreglass mesh embedded into a cement polymer mortar". Yes definitely Marmox.

Attachments

• IMG_20210205_161929.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 20
Reaction score
Did you dilute APD?
Did two tests with neat and diluted. Diluted was better but not as good as unprimed. I phoned Impey and Marmox and they both said priming isn't necessary. Glad I sorted that before priming the whole room and having my tiles fall off a few months later! Being an amateur I just assumed everything supplied in the kit was to be used.

Reply to Bal APD primer not doing its job on Marmox and Impey waterguard in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen