Search the forum,

Discuss B&Q Polished Porcelain Ivory tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Christine

Hi
Great forum. Thank you to everyone. Sudden panic, I am currently having 30 m2 B&Q Polished porcelain Ivory tiles laid!!!! And was just reading forum regarding sealing them. Oh dear what a lot of complaints on them, I wish I'd read this before!!! Too late now 75% finished, and they do look great though. The best advice seems to be. Put them up (well thats almost done now) then remove wax with ltp grimex, I must say you cant really see any wax, so it must be very thin?) then seal with LTP MPG sealer.

I was told it would be a good idea to seal grout with a seperate grout sealer (I'm using limestone colour grout which looks same colour as ivory tile- is this any good? Anyone got any GOOD FINAL tips or good thing to say about these Tiles please.
Many thanks - Christine

T

Time's Ran Out

Welcome Christine and glad you have enjoyed the forum. These tiles from BQ are certainly popular and no doubt the price is a major reason. We did a 60 x60 ivory about 3 years ago and with all the 'problems' made the customer aware that we couldn't cost for sealing. The floor was 60 mts and the tiles were excellent - only 1 had a dirt mark and was used as a cut. The customer gave up with the sealing after 2 days of trying to polish it off and the floor after 3 years still looks good. These tiles have open pores in the polished surface and can get filled with dirt so the choice is yours! If yours are on the walls you may find it is not essential to seal.

D

DHTiling

Re: B&Q Polished Porcelain Ivory tiles

It does depend on the tile supplier who B&Q used.. some are not so good and some are pretty ok IMHO... as above i did a job with them and they looked great...

these are the said tiles>>>>>> polished porcelain3.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

These had a transit wax on them but it removed ok with Grimex and sealed with MPG..

C

Christine

Many thanks to all of you for taking the time to reply. They certainly look fabulous now laid down on walls and floor, and have bought the recommended LTP to remove wax and then seal them.

Reply to B&Q Polished Porcelain Ivory tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi I would like to use some indoor tiles outside on the top of my fish pond wall, the tiles I am...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen