Currently reading:
ats diamond tools

Search the forum,

Discuss ats diamond tools in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Concrete guy

We're working on blade products for Porcelain right now. We've a few more test blades on their way in this week.

We've come from a stone masonry background so most of our blade products have been manufactured for natural stone and granite, they work great on the products their designed for but right now we're not the blade of choice for porcelain and hard ceramics.

We are working on it and a couple of forum members get our test blades as soon as they arrive. Based on the last couple we made they can only get better!

G

Gazzer

bugger...price was ultra nice lol

have you tried the dry corers for the angle grinder neale?

No I havent but I do get a good sense of security ( if thats the right word) with ATS , they produce something that isnt cutting the mustard so its back to the drawing board and they will come up with something that suits the job. I like this.

I am not sure if anyone else has tried those cores you mention, I and other have tried the standard drill cores with very pleasing results.

C

Concrete guy

We've sold a lot of the dry cores abroad, they seem to be used more frequently in mainland Europe than here. Plus masons use them for coring tap holes in 20mm & 30mm stone.

We have the adaptor in transit this week which I think will make them more appealing to the UK market. This converts the M14 thread to an 8mm Hex so each bit has a dual use, in a drill or grinder.

M14toHex_zpsd5456662.jpg

C

Concrete guy

Was this the type you've previously used?

DIAMOND CORE-BITS FOR DRY DRILLING-MONDRILLO_FS

Actually Montolit produce a video showing how these bits should be used, if this isn't a product you've used before it's quite interesting.

These are vacuum brazed dry bits. The idea of rotating the drill during cutting is to clear cut material from the cutting head and reduce friction. If you cut in the traditional manner it shortens the life of the drill bit considerably.

[video=youtube;KoOsJ3QMbAs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KoOsJ3QMbAs[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Concrete guy

i am going to order both types to try out based on who has used them and your feedback so far i have no doubts they are good value ats

If you want dry bits and want to take advantage of the free offer we're running for the adapter (see this thread for details):-

http://www.tilersforums.com/tiling-tools/64717-dry-diamond-holesaws-vacuum-brazed-m14-2.html

Then send me a message with a list of what you need rather than buy straight off our shop - the free adapter offer is only on this forum so won't appear automatically.

C

Concrete guy

hi all,good write ups for ats on the hole corers has anyone used the grinder blades?
cheers jamie:thumbsup:

Resurrecting this thread, we have been busy over the last few months working on a variety of new blades, not just for tiling.

We have three products in pipeline which a couple of members on here are helping us test, rather than a quick "does it cut ok" we're also gauging lifespan of the products.

So over the next few months we'll have the following becoming available at our usual reasonable prices.

Continuous Rim Porcelain blades from 115mm to 250mm diameter.

Turbo Porcelain blade with flange 115mm to 250mm diameter.

Vacuum Brazed grinder blade at 115mm and 125mm diameter only to test. Most of you won't have ever used one of these. It's the same technology used to manufacture our Dry holesaws. They are currently being referred to in house as the "Comedy Blade" as most people laugh at them when they first see them.

They generally stop laughing when they realise these cut anything, and I mean absolutely anything. They are the fundamental basis for blades used by rescue services to cut people out of vehicles/buildings etc. It will even cut bullet proof glass, not that tilers get much call for that - but it's an option!

I'll post on line with details as these roll out over summer.

Reply to ats diamond tools in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Currently using TX700N but obviously now too small for the 1200x600mm I'm increasingly being tasked with by customers. Up to now, I've been cutting the 1200mm length with angle grinder/diamond...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement