Search the forum,

Discuss Are these porcelain or ceramic? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi all,

I bought some tiles for my bathroom wall, including a shower over bath area

The shop advertised them as porcelain so I’ve been finding an adhesive suitable for that. Having received the tiles, the box says ‘dry-pressed ceramic tiles, with water absorption Eb <0.5%’

It says ceramic tiles, but as the water absorption is <0.5% so does this mean they are indeed porcelain?

I was hoping to use a ‘ready to go’ adhesive but all the ones I’ve looked at don’t seem to be suitable for porcelain. Reading the tile box has made me wonder if I can use a mix for ceramic tiles?

If I need to use a mix for porcelain, I was planning on using this:
Mapei Standard Set Plus Ceramic & Porcelain Tile Adhesive Grey 20kg | Wickes.co.uk - https://www.wickes.co.uk/Mapei-Standard-Set-Plus-Ceramic+Porcelain-Tile-Adhesive-Grey-20kg/p/252711

After preparing the wall with the Mapei Waterproofing Kit.

Does this seem like a reasonable plan?

Reply to Are these porcelain or ceramic? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen