Search the forum,

Discuss Aquapanel / Hardibacker 60mm screw into Metal Studs in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

darry

Hi, I want to replace the Plasterboard around the shower with Aquapanel or Hardibacker. One wall requires 60mm screws (as it has double plasterboard to pad out to tray), and they need to go into metal studs. Is there an alternative to Aquapanel or Hardibacker screws that are long enough and won't rust? Posts I've searched are for timber studs only. Thanks

F

Flintstone

Darry, I would ditch both of those products and use something water proof such as wedi board, delta board, Marmox board.

D

darry

Thanks Localtiler for the info. If I get the waterproof boards I still have the issue of needing long fixings 50mm-60mm on 1 wall due to double thickness. Should I just use 50mm Stainless Steel Self Tapping screw, to go into metal studs?

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks Localtiler for the info. If I get the waterproof boards I still have the issue of needing long fixings 50mm-60mm on 1 wall due to double thickness. Should I just use 50mm Stainless Steel Self Tapping screw, to go into metal studs?
Yeah standard stainless self tapping screws will be fine u need to buy wedi washers aswell so the fixings don't pull straight through the board as u drive them in

D

darry

Thanks Kyle, useful to know about the wedi washers too. Any recommendations on the board and where to buy?

Reply to Aquapanel / Hardibacker 60mm screw into Metal Studs in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, A newcomer here and thank you to anyone with the patience to read my drivel. I am...
Replies
Views
I'm hoping someone here can give me some advice! I'm re-tiling my shower after needing to rip...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen