Currently reading:
Applying primer - advice please :-)

Discuss Applying primer - advice please :-) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gixerguy

Morning all!
I have had a nightmare previously with tiles and thanks to your site Im making progress again lol i have a question about the Granfix acrylic primer - the instructions for plaster priming say to mix 3:1 water to primer and apply to seal. It then says apply 2 neat coats before using cementitious addy. Am I reading that as my walls need sealing 3:1 then a further 2 neat coats before tiling or "if used as sealant do 3:1" or "2 neat coats before addy". The salesman said just 3:1 and off I go but you guys are the pros - he's only a salesman for a reason lol
Also, whats the drying time before addy is applied? Should it be dry, tacky, ?
Thanks in advance for your help with this!!!
Cheers!!

G

Gazzer

Thanks guys! I forgot to mention the addy lol its granfix powder so it'll be two coats neat then addy :)

Im guessing I ought to do the tanking first as well to get the overlap the right way too ?

Cheers!

I will probably use a BAL WP1 kit as it's popular on here so thats gotta mean something lol unless of course there's a better option? :)

He is not asking about tanking either Neale, I thought Jay's point was valid for others that may not have purchased a primer but might be looking for advice anyway.

:thumbsup:

Are you sure Dom ????

Last edited by a moderator:
Deffo not 3:1 THEN another neat 2 coats....:yikes:
pleasee help i am really worried. I am worried i have ruined the gypsum plaster and will need it replastering.
You just need the neat coats on their own when using cement based as it reacts with the gypsum plaster background:thumbsup:
What does it to do gypsum, I've just applied a weak solution of granfix onto gypsum, and then a neat coat, will it ruin the gypsum plaster? will I need it replastering?
I need a whole new kitchen and I cannont afford one, here is a picture to show what I have done
tiles.jpg

Reply to Applying primer - advice please :-) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.