Search the forum,

Discuss Applying primer - advice please :-) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gixerguy

Morning all!
I have had a nightmare previously with tiles and thanks to your site Im making progress again lol i have a question about the Granfix acrylic primer - the instructions for plaster priming say to mix 3:1 water to primer and apply to seal. It then says apply 2 neat coats before using cementitious addy. Am I reading that as my walls need sealing 3:1 then a further 2 neat coats before tiling or "if used as sealant do 3:1" or "2 neat coats before addy". The salesman said just 3:1 and off I go but you guys are the pros - he's only a salesman for a reason lol
Also, whats the drying time before addy is applied? Should it be dry, tacky, ?
Thanks in advance for your help with this!!!
Cheers!!

F

faithhealer

I think its telling you to apply a 3.1 coat to soak into the plaster then two coats on top. I generally use 2 coats of 3.1 or three if I have some primer to use up ! Drys in an hour in normal room temp

G

Gazzer

Its 3.1 if using a ready mixed adhesive or 2 coats neat if using a cement based adhesive.

D

diamondtiling

I have used granfix acrylic primer many times, 2 coats and away you go, first coat dries in minutes, second about 40 mins depending on room temperature.

:thumbsup:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
|I would use Water Dispersible Epoxy personally......

G

Gixerguy

Thanks guys! I forgot to mention the addy lol its granfix powder so it'll be two coats neat then addy :)

Im guessing I ought to do the tanking first as well to get the overlap the right way too ?

Cheers!

Reply to Applying primer - advice please :-) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen