Search the forum,

Discuss applying adhesive methods? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I seem to remember a post not long ago by a very well respected member of this forum, telling of a Mr Blobby tiler being sued for a substantial amount of dosh. Not a good idea imo, why risk loosing your home, duty of care, and all.:yikes:

S

Stef

Martino, simply spread the tile and not the floor it does the same job!...can be a tad messy but its the right way!

I take it you dont encase the heating mat in a self level screed then?

D

doug boardley

Martino, is your first name Al? as in "spanish eyes"?,,,seems you're an acoustic guitarist

D

Daveshadowman

dot and dab is for board fixers not tilers if you can not spread an even bed the surface is not ready walk away

M

Martino

dot and dab is for board fixers not tilers if you can not spread an even bed the surface is not ready walk away

Why such hatred for a newbie! lol....i personally screed and blob my tiles...every job is different imo..with regards to 'you never get the cal back for a reason'....i have done work for a bbc presentor who lived in hull and moved down to london...they wanted me to go down and do there tiling there....that kinda REMOVED on that bonfire dont it lol!.

I would be more than happy for any of you to see my work and tell me why its bad?

I also have reccomendations from a leading business who deal with only top end clients.

:smilewinkgrin:

Have a great day. and stop the hatred lol!...

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NZ_Tiler

Dot and dabb is a bad practise.
Its slower then spreading glue with a notch,
it may use more material,
and it will create hollow spots under the tile, which will inevitable cause tiles to break.

M

Mike Mike

Did this great job last week. White marble and red grout. Just used an icing bag to put the grout in then wet a cloth and gave it a wipe to clean. Easy.

Didn't bother with silicone either. Just butted up the corners at the wall etc. nice solid mdf wall and a good 6mm chipboard floor.

I agree. On occasion I have used Colgate toothpaste (the one with Whitener) to dot and dab marble to walls and floors, to grout, seal and silicone them. Anyone who has ever tried to wash dried on toothpaste from the inside of a sink will tell you, that stuff sets as hard as any Mapei product. And, if you get a box from the Pound Shop, it works out at less than half price per m2!! :8:

Reply to applying adhesive methods? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen