• Thread starter doug boardley
  • Start date
  • Replies 9
  • Views 2K
  • usa

Discuss anybody use Skype? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

doug boardley

not really sure what it is or does, but a couple of my sisters that live in Ireland have it and tell me that it's a good way to keep in touch using a call-cam(?).
Is it easy to install and use folks?

D

DHTiling

PJ pete uses it a lot and so does my son.. Free calls doug etc over the net..

Web definitions

Skype is a software application that allows users to make voice calls over the Internet. Calls to other users within the Skype service are free, while calls to both traditional landline telephones and mobile phones can be made for a nominal fee using a debit-based user account system. ...

So skype to skype is free but skype to landlines etc isn't..

About Skype: What is Skype?

S

Stewart

I do ... Really easy ti install and use and it's free.... I use it on my phone and computer..

B

blayedrunner

Yeah we use it so kids can talk to grand parents. If you have a laptop it usually has a webcam at top of screen. Then install skype and it sets itself up basically. VERY VERY EASY....

G

Gazzer

Easy, used it years ago but not now.
Funny though that since Microsoft announce agreement to buy Skype one month ago, Skype is now down across Europe !

S

Stewart

Used Skype to video call New Zealand last night and was on for an hour..... I do tend to use FaceTime on Mac if they have a mac too as the picture quality seems better.

A

aph257

We use it to keep in touch with family and friends wherever they are. imho get a decent web cam, i've found the ones that are in laptops are rubbish. logitech do some very good ones in the £20-£150 range. download the skype program (free) and away you go, you'll need to add contacts just like you would an E-mail contact.

G

Gazzer

In fact last time I used it was to talk to Wivers.....That put me off for life !!! Glad it wasnt a video call !

Reply to anybody use Skype? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks