Search the forum,

Discuss anti slip treatment for polished porcelain in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have an entrance way, lobby, to tile and the client wants 600x600
polished porcelain. There used to be a product you could paint on and it did not affect the finish of the tile, possibly by lithofin

Q

Qwerty

They still make & sell it. Its literally branded as anti-slip.

Screenshot_20190207-070803_WPS Office.jpg

I recently bought the Universeal version called feel safe. Yet to try it though.

https://universealsealants.co.uk/shop/indoors/feel-safe-permanent-anti-slip/

J

J Sid

did a sample of the Lithofin one a couple of weeks ago Albert.

did it on an of cut, not as easy to as I thought but probably better on a large area. Problem I had was not getting any bubbles in the liquid, where I did it left marks on the tile.

the process did affect the finish. It etches and gives it a very slightly homed finished and didn't make it as anti slip as I was expecting.

I still have some left and will try in on a larger off cut.

Q

Qwerty

I used the Lithofin version on a trade day last year on a 60x60 polished porcelain. I managed to get it to a fairly consistent finish in the end after two applications.

Reply to anti slip treatment for polished porcelain in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen