Search the forum,

Discuss Another Builders bathroom disaster in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

faithhealer

Todays job, Bathroom to make good after builder

Supposed to have had a wet floor but due to water coming up in the opp corner to the waste they turned it into a cubicle! Water still doesn't drain away though, slates a bit rough and not cut into the envelope, builder tried to overcome this by a sheet of mosaic around the drain! Looks awful and doesn't work!

Wedi membrane covers the whole floor and wall but seems to be stuck on 5mm plywood, can move the walls

Used the wrong shade of tile when trying to put right himself

large format tile with tub gear and 10mm thick dot and dab

Silicon around edges is half inch in places with no smoothing out.

grout in one corner is swept in like a sand dune

UFH under his dot and dab, therefore not very many warm spots!

sand and cement for grout at first then he was told to replace cubicle with 'proper' grout

Corners of cubicle have this plastic quadrant coving siliconed on, heavy on the silicon

Cubicle has a box seat with mosaic, not enough grout in so water stands despite fall, some grout actually missing.

Mosaic on ceiling, mismatch galore

grout on wall varies from white to gray

brickbond tiling sucks as well

customer asked me for advice, only one answer really isn't there.

H

hillhead

That sounds like the nightmare before christmas:dizzy2:

Last edited by a moderator:
W

White Room

Sounds like a total disaster, whos going to put that right then.

The customer is asking advise, not a good sign:thumbsdown:

D

DHTiling

At least i recommened a good tiler to sort it then john.... it is as bad you as you said on the blower hey!!..

Did you get some pics mate..?..and were mr and mrs H ok at your findings..?

F

faithhealer

Sounds like a total disaster, whos going to put that right then.

The customer is asking advise, not a good sign:thumbsdown:
They know the right option is to rip out but trying to make do, cost a fortune but the builder has a 6 month retainer still owed.

C

Colour Republic

If he has a 6 month retainer then he must have done a lot more work on the house, did he build an extension or something? retainers can be quite large so there's money in the pot.

F

faithhealer

At least i recommened a good tiler to sort it then john.... it is as bad you as you said on the blower hey!!..

Did you get some pics mate..?..and were mr and mrs H ok at your findings..?[/QUOTE]

Mr H backheeled it so mrs H was home within the hour, think I'll get a call next year!

F

faithhealer

If he has a 6 month retainer then he must have done a lot more work on the house, did he build an extension or something? retainers can be quite large so there's money in the pot.
Yes CR, extension, building work is pretty good, lulled into a false sense of security when I removed a 'panel to reveal proper copper pipework, with isolater valves, nicely parallel and clipped, nice crossover past the waste! short lived!

Reply to Another Builders bathroom disaster in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen