Search the forum,

Discuss Anhydrite screed........ in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

One Day

Loose lay. Brilliant in theory and in Germany where they can actually screed a decent floor.
I am sick of turning up to these wonderful liquid screed floors only to find they've been installed by members of the Muppet show.
So who is going to fix large format 6mm porcelain onto an unbonded mat, given the potential ups and downs on a badly screeded floor?!

O

Old Mod

So who is going to fix large format 6mm porcelain onto an unbonded mat?!

s1834.gif
course I will Malcolm. :D:p

They won’t actually spec thin tile anyway, thankfully :D

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
On the subject of anhydrite a mapei tech guy was on site the other week testing the relative humidity of the living/dining room floor for the lvt installers.As I had already tiled the hallway and landing I told him the reading on my hair hygrometer read 62 % around three weeks previously so the chances are it should be good to go .he asked me what I took the reading with and when I explained he immediately told me the only way to get accurate readings on these screeds was with a carbide bomb test.
I argued the case but he kept insisting the hair hygrometer was not suitable for gypsum based screed.have I missed out on a new finding that proves they're not accurate ????? Hoping Alan jacksonc an advise :D

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
There are 3 tests that can be done. Oven dried sample which is usually lab work so dispute territory. Hair hygromerer which is fine provided it is done correctly...many many hygromerer are incorrectly calibrated or used inappropriately. And carbide bomb which is the quickest. my preference these days is the carbide bomb. Indie some training for mapei a while ago and stressed this point so thats probably where it has come from.

O

Old Mod

There are 3 tests that can be done. Oven dried sample which is usually lab work so dispute territory. Hair hygromerer which is fine provided it is done correctly...many many hygromerer are incorrectly calibrated or used inappropriately. And carbide bomb which is the quickest. my preference these days is the carbide bomb. Indie some training for mapei a while ago and stressed this point so thats probably where it has come from.
Not easy things to source tho Alan, can you point us in right direction?

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I think mapei may actually sell them.... maybe that's also an incentive for them. You could try screed giant as they sell most things screed related.

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've always used the hair hygrometer as instructed by yourself Alan ,so I know it's being used correctly.being incorrectly callibrated worries me a bit.mine must be three years old by now.probably used around fifteen to twenty times .time to start looking in the carbide bomb test I think.cheers

Reply to Anhydrite screed........ in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen