Search the forum,

Discuss Anhydrite Screed (gypsum based) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Why is it wrong , if it is , how did we tile them before gypsum adhesives... Lol lol :lol:

oh oh and yes a D2 Dispersion is fine in a shower ... :)

But dave, alan has explained above how he has seen many failures using cement based !

Its like most on here have tiled on ply for years, but now its wrong as failures have occurred so now cement boards and ditra are the dogs ganglies, give it a few years cement addy will be the devils **** on anyldrite ;) :) [emoji85]

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Reaction score
How long have gypsum addys been in europe or over the pond, sheet, im playing devils advocate here ,ima just curious

Weber anhydrocol ( summit like that) has been out a long time as has kerakols ... But as usual the UK are behind ...

Alan's has to state as a binder representative what in his opinion is the method he advises to use , it was only a couple yrs or so back , Alan's method was epoxy primer then cement based adhesive... And as materials change then so does advice.

Materials advance widler and as we all know they take time to catch on but as long as a screed is dry etc , then The acrylic method and cement based adhesive IMHO is far from wrong... Floors fail because of error.
Yes a gypsum adhesive has more compatibility as its gypsum to gypsum but it's been mentioned many many times , adhesive manufacturers are ripping people's eyeballs out with costs.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
In Europe .. Probs since the late 70's if I recall correctly... And in the UK , long before gypsum adhesives were over here...

In East Germany since 1948 in Holland since the early 1950's in France since the sixties and as usual as we are behind in the UK since the early 1990's

Reaction score
Weber anhydrocol ( summit like that) has been out a long time as has kerakols ... But as usual the UK are behind ...

Alan's has to state as a binder representative what in his opinion is the method he advises to use , it was only a couple yrs or so back , Alan's method was epoxy primer then cement based adhesive... And as materials change then so does advice.

Materials advance widler and as we all know they take time to catch on but as long as a screed is dry etc , then The acrylic method and cement based adhesive IMHO is far from wrong... Floors fail because of error.
Yes a gypsum adhesive has more compatibility as its gypsum to gypsum but it's been mentioned many many times , adhesive manufacturers are ripping people's eyeballs out with costs.

Far to expensive atm imo

Reply to Anhydrite Screed (gypsum based) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen