Currently reading:
Anhydrite Screed (gypsum based)

Discuss Anhydrite Screed (gypsum based) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Weber anhydrocol ( summit like that) has been out a long time as has kerakols ... But as usual the UK are behind ...

Alan's has to state as a binder representative what in his opinion is the method he advises to use , it was only a couple yrs or so back , Alan's method was epoxy primer then cement based adhesive... And as materials change then so does advice.

Materials advance widler and as we all know they take time to catch on but as long as a screed is dry etc , then The acrylic method and cement based adhesive IMHO is far from wrong... Floors fail because of error.
Yes a gypsum adhesive has more compatibility as its gypsum to gypsum but it's been mentioned many many times , adhesive manufacturers are ripping people's eyeballs out with costs.

For my part I am all about eliminating risk where possible and managing it where it cannot be eliminated. There are probably 7 or 8 manufaclturers now offering gypsum addy which has brought the prices down. If you must use cement then an epoxy primer is chemically the best as it stops the migration of moisture borne sulphates.. If on the other hand you are a tiler that does things properly without compromise then an acrylic primer and cement based addy will work.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Still nothing wrong with that way @DavidHoweTiling nothing at all.

however, judging by the sales on Anhyfix, i believe many are moving to a gypsum based adhesive, i guess its all about education, without the forums we would all probably still be none the wiser.

i passed a guy to you today lee. Hope he called...

Reply to Anhydrite Screed (gypsum based) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement