Search the forum,

Discuss Amtico flooring in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

A mate of mine lays amtico flooring, he puts latex down on every floor then the following day go's over it with a hand grinding block then starts laying the tiles, i have seen him fixing them and they look just as easy to fix as ceramics...He gets £200 per day, a brand new van every 3 years starts at 9 and finishes at 4. Anybody fix these

G

GazTech

I fixed them constantly between 1986 and 1990....very tough on the knees but not difficult....Gaz

E

enduro

Thats what i thougt gaz, looked like i could do it. Also he is employed by a local carpet fitting company he isnt self employed not bad money and a van....

C

Cliff Anger

LOL nice one PJ

The latex he uses is probably Mapei Latexplan ! I find it odd that the soft flooring guys go for a bag and a bottle (2 part Mix ) levelling compound yet ceramics favour water based (1 part)

D

Dirrty

A mate of mine lays amtico flooring, he puts latex down on every floor then the following day go's over it with a hand grinding block then starts laying the tiles, i have seen him fixing them and they look just as easy to fix as ceramics...He gets £200 per day, a brand new van every 3 years starts at 9 and finishes at 4. Anybody fix these
I had a flooring company enduro...... this should tell you all you need to know about laying them broken link removed

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
F

frogeye

My next neighbour had amtico fitted - he had the floor levelled prior to the installation - god what a stink - he apologised for the smell which lasted days - but the floor was the dogs danglies - a big floor that he shelled out over £5000 for - 25 year guarantee though. Pity his marriage didn't last that long - they split up and sold the house 2 years later.

Amtico is for life not just Xmas (or a marriage)

B

badzy

My next neighbour had amtico fitted - he had the floor levelled prior to the installation - god what a stink - he apologised for the smell which lasted days - but the floor was the dogs danglies - a big floor that he shelled out over £5000 for - 25 year guarantee though. Pity his marriage didn't last that long - they split up and sold the house 2 years later.

Amtico is for life not just Xmas (or a marriage)

owwww!

E

essexsi

Where would you go to recieve training in installing this kind of florring? Do any of you tilers lay other types of flooring as well as tiles?

Cheers guys Si

Reply to Amtico flooring in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen