Search the forum,

Discuss Alternative ceramic tiles to Travertine. Suggestions please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

If I didnt want to go down the Travertine route, whic tile would you recommend?
I want the look of Travertine and have seen the Padova (at Topps) and also the Nerea (at Tile Giant)

Which one of the two above has anybody got any experience with. Are they any good? Any problems?

Many thanks
Geoff

Attachments

• Padova.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Nerea.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 37
N

Nkayjay

We have also got one called Caroline Ivory 50x50, retails at £13.96 M2, might be worth a look. Also you could try Atenas 50x50. I take it that your after large format looking at the uploaded pics, if not then there is also Bellini Travertino 30x30 which has got a really good print on it if you wanted to go smaller. I agree these are much easier to lay than the real thing and the printing techniques are spot on these days. Only thing is you won't get the patina of age that you get with the real thing. As for Padova/Nerea, well I would be biased lol

F

Frosty

I've fitted padova before. Lots of colour variation even with the same batch codes:mad2:
If you pick the ones with 3 square cut outs, DON'T, they're manufactured on a different line to the others and you might aswell fit white and beige tiles for the colour match.
Not impressed with padovas at all (can you tell???)

Unfortunately I've got some more to fit in 2 weeks time, I'll let you know the outcome if you can wait that long.

Q

Qwerty

I've fitted padova before. Lots of colour variation even with the same batch codes:mad2:
If you pick the ones with 3 square cut outs, DON'T, they're manufactured on a different line to the others and you might aswell fit white and beige tiles for the colour match.
Not impressed with padovas at all (can you tell???)

Unfortunately I've got some more to fit in 2 weeks time, I'll let you know the outcome if you can wait that long.

Hello mate, just wondered if you have fitted the padova tiles yet? How did it go?
Cheers
Geoff

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Alternative ceramic tiles to Travertine. Suggestions please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.