Search the forum,

Discuss After a knock to confidence, back at it tiling a floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

Weebisto

alrighy guys, relatively new to tiling and overstretched myself last week doing a full bathroom too soon and it was a total nightmare, culminating in customer kicking off....although it wasn't that bad!
Back in the saddle this week with an ensuite floor that needs old adhesive removed, backer board installed and sealed then tiled. Using Mapei Keraquick with 100% coverage and will be working from a centre point and using tile levelling system.

Any words of wisdom? This one has to go well

W

Weebisto

Cutting round them and to be fair it's something I have practiced and I'm cool with it, although lifting it's always preferred option. Last time there was issue with adhesion - I suspect not enough coverage - - and I haven't removed old adhesive before.

R

Rookery

Keraquick is rapid setting. Make sure you mix enough but not too much. If you mix it with Mapei Latex instead of water it will extend the pot life and make it S2 rated.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Imo... Some of these flexible adhesive are fine for ufh but on wooden floors there not flexible enough, I use bal single part fast flex...... With bal wide joint grout and GT1 admixture...

O

Old Mod

If you’re overboarding, why are you removing old adhesive?
Ufh?
Doesn’t sound like a one day job, so why use a rapid?
Better to take your time and get it right than try and work with a rapid adhesive.
Far easier to make mistakes with a rapid than a standard set.
What backer boards are you using?

Reply to After a knock to confidence, back at it tiling a floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen