Search the forum,

Discuss Advice please for 'wetroom' tiles with inadequate fall for water. in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

S

shopkeeper

You can mess about with tile designs all you like but unless the height of the drain is decreased or the height of the floor relative to the drain is increased it is going to be the same result

The builders have said they will 'scrape' into the concrete to create the slope required for good water drainage..

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
They will have to lower the drain if they are going to do that!!

S

shopkeeper

Its more like they could not be bothered cutting a former in

I agree. I am starting to realise that these builders like to minimise there work as much as possible when they have quoted a fixed rate for the job.

D

Dumbo

The builders have said they will 'scrape' into the concrete to create the slope required for good water drainage..
They are going to have to do more than scrape . As regards your earlier post go to a bathroom showroom with a spirit level and a tape measure and measure the drop .

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
They will always cut corners to get in and out as quickly as possible

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It would be easier to build it up and create a fall to the drain rather than try to create a fall in existing concrete

S

shopkeeper

It would be easier to build it up and create a fall to the drain rather than try to create a fall in existing concrete

I see what you mean. What they say and what they'll do seem to be different things. I have minimal tiling and building experience and have my doubts about the actual practicality of what they have suggested. Having eye-balled the slope on a similar sized wetroom former
600-LB-1500-X-820.jpg

it looks like they'll have to do remove a fair amount of concrete.

Tuff Form 1500×820 | AKW - https://www.akw-ltd.co.uk/products/wet-room-formers/tuff-form-1500x820/

F

Flintstone

If I was you I would get some one else who knows what they are doing to put right the job using the correct products and methods and take these builders to court or get your money back, they obviously aren’t capable of doing it correctly, you will be forever chasing your tale when it’s leaking a few months!

Reply to Advice please for 'wetroom' tiles with inadequate fall for water. in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen