Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on terracotta in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hey guys! I am in need of some solid advice. I just had some terracotta tiles installed. It had to be shipped from California to New York. In transit, the tiles did get some scuff marks. Obviously got installed with the scuffs in them. After installation, an impregnator sealer was applied on top of the baked on sealer. Yes, wrong way round I assume. Now how is it possible to have these scuff marks removed?? Is it even possible at all??
I am thinking about using a semi gloss sealer on top, but would that fix it? Do I need to strip the existing sealer thats on there?
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    532.4 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    511.3 KB · Views: 13
R

Reflow

U need to strip , colour enhance with an impregnating sealer. Then finish with your topical waxes

Reply to Advice on terracotta in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen