Search the forum,

Discuss Advice needed for mosaic splash backs in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Rob70

TF
Reaction score
I'm going to start the tiles at the worktop edge and as these tiles don't have a straight edge is it best to cut them in or cut the sheet down so its level with worktop?

Actually, would like some advice on the best starting position, i.e the centre of cooker between hob and fan or at worktop edge ?

G

Giuseppe Maffei

it depends on which kind of edge finishing are you looking for. If the cut will be exposed I recommend a specific blade (that is slow) but is capable to give you factory edge on Porcelain, glass, stones and even metal mosaic. The blade is our Montolit CPF Perfetto. If the cut won't be exposed, Montolit Masterpiuma or Minipiuma + rubber Mat item 58 will work. You'll need a nipper to cut the stone pcs

G

Giuseppe Maffei

it depends on which kind of edge finishing are you looking for. If the cut will be exposed I recommend a specific blade (that is slow) but is capable to give you factory edge on Porcelain, glass, stones and even metal mosaic. The blade is our Montolit CPF Perfetto. If the cut won't be exposed, Montolit Masterpiuma or Minipiuma + rubber Mat item 58 will work. You'll need a nipper to cut the stone pcs

Reply to Advice needed for mosaic splash backs in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen