Search the forum,

Discuss Advice for mosaic and porcelain in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Sludd

TF
Glasgow
My wife would like the shower cubicle (2 walls inside a quadrant enclosure) tiled with porcelain tiles but with a central vertical strip of glass mosaics.

Is there an adhesive that would be appropriate for both?

The substrate is waterproof cement boards (Abacus elements brand) with all joints and screws waterproofed with tape and compound.

Thanks in advance for any advice...

Sludd

TF
Glasgow
Thankyou all.

The mosaic (not bought yet) are 300 x 300mm and have a mesh back. Is Mapei P10 appropriate for such a mosaic?

I've thought about maybe using a flat metallic edging strip to run down both edges of the mosaics to accommodate the thickness issue and also any slight irregularity in alignment at the edges of the mosaics. I'd them tile the porcelain against that edge. My wife saw something similar in Porcelanosa and liked the effect.

I think it might be worth screwing some of the cement board up in the garage and fixing a few mosaics just to check there's no effect on the colouring of the glass.

Thanks again

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Norfolk
Did this one a few years back and used mapie white flexible adhesive with their jasmine grout one thing I would say beware when fitting them the weight of the mosaics can slip and close the grout gap up which spoils the look , carpenters plastic packers can help to keep it nicely spaced best of luck . Kop

Screenshot_20190428-024624_Photos.jpg Screenshot_20190428-024655_Photos.jpg

Reply to Advice for mosaic and porcelain in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen