Search the forum,

Discuss adhesives in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

quick draw macgraw

Hi all,

does anyone know who sells the cheapest bal adhesives ie. whitestar and flexi for floor for a diy er not trade or are they more or less all the same.
Cheers steve.

p.s

in the north east sunderland area

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Or is there anybody that could save this guy a few quid on his BAL adhesive from topps? Perhaps halve the trade discount if he meets you round the back of the shop and picks it up himself?

G

GazTech

Or is there anybody that could save this guy a few quid on his BAL adhesive from topps? Perhaps halve the trade discount if he meets you round the back of the shop and picks it up himself?
Shame on you....dhceramics is back online tomorrow ...he lives near Darlington...lol

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
He's DIY and can't really get his own trade discount but it's an easy few quid for a tiler to meet him at the local topps when he's next popping in. Tiler gets a few quid and Quick Draw saves a few quid and Topps Share Holders don't really notice anything.

They should be thankfull all in all, we could have pushed him to a cheaper adhesive supplier or adhesive brand even.

Q

quick draw macgraw

Can see your point dan thanks its my mate who is buying the adhesive and just wondered if there was any variation in price with regards to tile shops etc, not looking for large amount of the stuff so wont be worth meeting someone to halve trade discount.

Whilst i'm on do you have to adhere to instructions to the letter with regards to sbr prime and can you use it for walls and floor (plaster and ply) how soon can you tile on it after applying.

Cheers Steve.

F

Fred

They CTD at Sunderland, the more you buy, the less you pay.

Ceramic Tile Distributors here's the link

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Generally to be honest BAL gear isn't cheap to buy from BAL even so you wont find much of a variation from independent tile store to independent tile store as they'll all buy similar amounts themselves.

Guys like topps and co have their own rates but normally you find they're even more expensive retail there to counter-balance the massive trade discounts.

F

Fred

If you pop into CTD and state a price Topps are using, they will match it. Thats good if CTD is nearer you.

G

guy1976

ctd is near the stadium of ****e top is in the retail park behind mc donalds about 2 mins drive away from ctd in sunderland , ctd is cheaper than tops

Reply to adhesives in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Will I be setting myself up to fail if I use the Dunlop CF-03 Flexible Fast Set Tile...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen