Search the forum,

Discuss Adhesives, some help please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

joe

Hi

First post on this forum.

I will soon be tiling my kitchen area floor. Having read through the forums I am now baffled by the range of adhesives available. Several years ago I tiled the hall floor in another house and used bag adhesive which was mixed with water. I remember just guessing how much water to use until I got the right consistency.

I want to do some research before I take on this job. The floor is concrete screed which has been layed 8 weeks ago and is well dried by now. The tiles are 400mm*400mm and are clay backed tiles.

Hopefully I will get some direction here. I am in N Ireland so any locals on here let me know where stuff is available from.

Thanks

Joe

D

DHTiling

hi joe..welcome..

make sue you fix tiles with a solid bed trowel and back butter if necessary to achieve a solid bed fix..always recommended for floor tiling...prime the floor with bal bond sbr or similar to seal the floor and create a good surface to tile to..there are a few members on here from your area so they will let you know where to get your adhesive etc...good luck........dave..

Reply to Adhesives, some help please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen