Search the forum,

Discuss Adhesive To Trowel Notch Size Coverage in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a formula that will calculate how much adhesive is needed for given trowel notch sizes?

If a 20kg bag of cement based adhesive does about 4.5m2 (10mm trowel) then, how far would it have gone using a 3mm mosaic trowel?

There's formulas for grout coverage however, I can't find anything for adhesive that takes trowel notch size into the equation.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Good question!

Surely if 10mm does 4.5 meters then 3mm does 12ish? Mind you, no, that's notch size not bed depth. What's the bed depth of that example you give? Is that on the bag?

S

SJPurdy

there is a large difference in how far 20kg of adhesive will spread for given notch size between different different adhesives and manufacturers.

Reply to Adhesive To Trowel Notch Size Coverage in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen