Search the forum,

Discuss Adhesive thickness and grout width?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

grumpygrouter

Grout joint thickness is a personal thing although there are recommended minimums depending on what you are tiling. BS minimum is 2mm for walls and 3mm for floors. I try and always discuss joint thickness with my customers by giving various examples with the chosen tiles by laying them out with different joints widths. The choice of grout colour can have a bearing too as if a contrasting colour to the tile is selected a wider joint might be more appealing...if you get my drift??

Reply to Adhesive thickness and grout width?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.