Search the forum,

Discuss Adhesive For Fixing 600 X 300 Ceramics. in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Hi all,

Have some 600 x 300 ceramic tiles to fix onto skimmed plasterboard walls (bare old plaster not fresh, old tiles removed) what would be the recommended adhesive for this job?
Also what size notched trowel would be best? It's in a bathroom which includes tiling of a walk in shower.
Any advice/tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike.
Hi, if your doing a walk in shower then I would be looking at a tanking kit for your walls before you tile.
Adhesive will need to be a powder as that size of tile is too big for tubbed addy.

Reply to Adhesive For Fixing 600 X 300 Ceramics. in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few ways to fix tile to bathroom walls. First you need to prepare the walls for tiling. Note that...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement