Search the forum,

Discuss Adhesive for anticrack matting in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I tend to use a 6mm also & I use one of these for my matting also for a better adhesion

Amtico karndean floor & wall roller 18 – 24 inch long Amtico Karndean https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009G7PCT2/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_ZM-9CbGYW4G3A via @AmazonUK

roberts-extendable-floor-roller-1875-p.png

Last edited:
O

On one

6mm for mats for me, 4mm is hard to get coverage
When I first used Schluter Ditra years ago(with Schluter's own 4mm mosaic trowel) I did query with Schluter that I wasn't able to get anywhere near 100% contact. There reply was, basically ......''not to worry,it's not supposed to be''

D

Dumbo

With a cavity mat if you use to much adhesive and it gets into the structure of the mat it loses it effectiveness as a movement membrane

Reaction score
Hi they are the overlay boards from poly pipe.the mat is the orange mat from tile easy, I primed and stuck down with a 4mm notched trowel peeled bits back to check for coverage all is good. Used rapid set to lay it then standard to lay tiles. The mat is really good defo going to use a mat again. Customer isn’t overjoyed he has to fork out another 400£ but prep is everything I say

Reply to Adhesive for anticrack matting in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen