Search the forum,

Discuss Adhesive advice - tiles fallen from walls in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

Very very poor fixing method - dangerous. They have built up the adhesive a lot too, does it feel soft or is it rock hard the adhesive
I think I know where you are going with this . I have just expanded the picture and I reckon it is ready mix

F

Flintstone

If it is ready mixed it won't set at that thickness and you will be able to pull it off the wall with your hands most likely, if it is the right adhesive it will Be hard as a rock

K

Katie30

Did it damage the bath ?
Imagine if it someone on the head.
Dangerous beyond belief.....i would even use that room till it's sorted..
Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes it damaged the bath, which they have offered to re-enamel but I feel it will need replacing.

K

Katie30

If it is ready mixed it won't set at that thickness and you will be able to pull it off the wall with your hands most likely, if it is the right adhesive it will Be hard as a rock
May be the company was reputable but not necessarily that tiler. You should maybe ask for the owner to come and see the problem first .
Hi, JCRTiling, thanks for your input! I have asked the owner but he has fobbed me off somewhat, blaming the tiles I bought. He is sending round the tiler who initially did the job this morning. I will show him the damage but there won't be time for him to try and replace today.

Would you advise having ALL tiles in the bathroom removed? (even those on other walls, not around the bath, and floor??)

Reply to Adhesive advice - tiles fallen from walls in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen