Search the forum,

Discuss A thumbs up to british tile manufacturing. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Oh, that is just heartwarming and encouraging and inspirational! It may just need 3 people in that particular hall but over 300 jobs in total isn't bad, is it, and I admire the bravery and planning that must go into such a huge outfit! Much nicer to buy British, especially when cheaper imports usually mean slave labour type conditions. I hope the tile shops will be supportive and put a notice up for the customers to see that these tiles are 'made in Britain'. :thumbsup:

A

arthurdaley

Don't get me wrong, l think its great having our own manufacturing, lm all for it, but lm at an age where l can remember this country being one of the largest manufacturers of goods in the world, our engineering was the envy of the world, apprenticeships in skilled labour were readily available, when l look in our local paper your lucky if you see one advertised, but slowly and surely the government of the day sold our industries off, the point l was trying to make is how things have changed and the impact it has on local communities.

W

White Room

Don't get me wrong, l think its great having our own manufacturing, lm all for it, but lm at an age where l can remember this country being one of the largest manufacturers of goods in the world, our engineering was the envy of the world, apprenticeships in skilled labour were readily available, when l look in our local paper your lucky if you see one advertised, but slowly and surely the government of the day sold our industries off, the point l was trying to make is how things have changed and the impact it has on local communities.

I tend to agree mate, I remember when you left one job and your'd be working a couple of days later. Redundancy was'nt a word that was heard to often.
The talk was when computers started to appear we would have more spare time to enjoy ourselves, spare time was right, enjoy it is another matter.

Reply to A thumbs up to british tile manufacturing. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.