Search the forum,

Discuss Looking at tile levelling clip systems. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Dave I was the same as you. But I now see they have a place.:oops: And when did I get American citizenship?
Are you using a VPN on your internet connection? It will be based on what location you are setting in that.

It uses an international database of IP allocations so when people use a VPN it skews the routing.

P

Perry

Are you using a VPN on your internet connection? It will be based on what location you are setting in that.

It uses an international database of IP allocations so when people use a VPN it skews the routing.
Dan I wouldent have a clue, but the boys a tec, :confused:

Anthony

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Now before you say “Dave”! You said you’d never use them 😁.
I’ve got a 100mtr plus of 1200mm high gloss plank tiles to do and i know in my whole honest of deep down thoughts an occasional lip will haunt me , so I’ve been thinking and i do say thinking about a lash type system 😂 , oh go on give me grief now lol.

so the laughs are over. What systems do you recommend.
Raimondi levelling system. 1.5mm thick but I use a 2mm spacer with them so as to prevent chipping on knock out. As there high gloss! Hope this helps

P

Perry

I am in the States 3 months of the year sometimes.

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Got to agree with the new block level. Saying that I went to order 4000, and the postage costs have more than doubled, so will have to look elsewhere.
I needed some in a hurry last month and bought a few Schmox ones. They were really really terrible, More broken ones in the first bag than I ever had previously, I had to eventually check everyone before using them, and worst of all, they seem a very hard plastic, and chipped a few tiles tightening them up.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I was sceptical when they first came out, and resisted all I could. Then had a re-think.......and tried them. Use them quite often now 👍👍

Reaction score
I've just seen these level clips. How long have they been around?
What is the technique to line up the tile edges before these clips were invented?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
level the floor first...

to be fair it's only the size of certain tiles that make them relevant imo. although I see plenty of photos of them being used all the time even with 300x300 tiles....I mean, really!
if you can't lay a 300 tile flat it's time to bury your trowel !

B

Bill

Rectified edges, 1mm joints, uneven substrates, bowed tiles, thin tiles, unequal sized tile dimensions (out of square - not all tiles the same size in the same box/range) adhesive, customer/client need for perfect joint lines - all can produce problems for lip free/joint space tiling.

leveling systems help to stop lips - I, for one, want the clips to be called lip free clips and not leveling clips.

Many moons ago, tiling was done on a thick bed of sand and cement and that meant you could create your own substrate so that your tiles were fixed lip free........also tiles were much smaller and didn't have too much bowing although they were very ambiguous with sizing.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Reaction score
level the floor first...

to be fair it's only the size of certain tiles that make them relevant imo. although I see plenty of photos of them being used all the time even with 300x300 tiles....I mean, really!
if you can't lay a 300 tile flat it's time to bury your trowel !

exactly lol , these buggers are 1200 x 200 , I’ve had a chance to view a tile and they are straight, yippie 😁😁

Reply to Looking at tile levelling clip systems. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen