Search the forum,

Discuss £7 sq mtr i dont think so! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

garretridge

just been out to price 22m2 bathroom 6m2 floor ceramic tiles give her price £500 with addy and grout thought that was resonable in todays market. she said sorry been quoted £200 i said well you will get what you pay for rubbish dont come to me when it all goes wrong some people must be desperate!:rant:

D

davy_G

Iye, same for me, just lost 100m2 of 600x600 rectified porcelain. Priced it at 15 a m2 and client got a quote for a tenner. Ah well, i hope it turns out OK for him.
I could still do it at a tenner, be done in 3-4 days and walk away with better pay than my dayrate, just dont see why I should!:prrr:

G

garretridge

davy im newer to this game than you but i still wont work for £200 quid a week i can stack shelfs for that in tescos let them have the work they will probably regret it!:yes:

F

Fekin

Iye, same for me, just lost 100m2 of 600x600 rectified porcelain. Priced it at 15 a m2 and client got a quote for a tenner. Ah well, i hope it turns out OK for him.
I could still do it at a tenner, be done in 3-4 days and walk away with better pay than my dayrate, just dont see why I should!:prrr:

Walk away from a job that would of still been better paying than your day rate :huh2:

B

brian c

surely she was trying it on,that price is less than half your price..ffs whats happening.

M

marc1106

surely she was trying it on,that price is less than half your price..ffs whats happening.

You know wots happening Bri, as soon as the news says Recession, joe public thinks that the building trades will all work for nothing, they just dont seem to realise that we go through it worse that the PAYE brigade who either loose their jobs or do a few more hours for the same pay! :rant:

D

davy_G

Walk away from a job that would of still been better paying than your day rate :huh2:

Yep, i could do that job in 4 days max and lift a grand. I would knock my pan in and i know what a pain it can be laying rectified 600's with no lips and 2mm gg's.
Im happy to let someone else knock their pan in and wonder why at a tenner.

F

Fekin

I guess if you are always pulling in that amount of money every week then it's no loss then not doing that job.

D

davy_G

I guess if you are always pulling in that amount of money every week then it's no loss then not doing that job.

If only. No i agree in principal i probably should have taken it, but i dont need the hassle as i know the client is really fussy (rightly so).

There are so many guys on here who wouldnt lower themselves to work for a tenner, and power to them, but the above example shows it can pay alot more than tiling a small bathroom for 25 a m2.

Me, i would work for a tenner, just not in this case for this client.

Reply to £7 sq mtr i dont think so! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen