Search the forum,

Discuss 3mm thick floor tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

m3fitter

tiled with the thin porc's a year ago 600 x 300, didn't like it.. slightly bowed, and messy when deep bedding to make wall true.. not keen, commercially they are getting more popular with office blocks as cost effective in bulk, and very large format as you said 1000x1000, and yes they bend, as you can adhere one end, wait to it goes off, and bend the rest down a ramp.. !! Also being sold as a height issue solver, ie: tile on tile if UFH is present under existing tiles.. not keen.. but who knows may be the tile of the future !! @@

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
I've just done 2 bathroom floors with 5mm B&Q floor tiles. I cannot stress enough that you must have 100% coverage and check that they are completely flat. I just dry laid one tile for a cut, put my hand in it and it cracked. The ones I used had a slight curl at the corners but because I did a random bond with a 3mm joint it wasn't noticeable.

The coverage issue doesn't really worry me, I was more worried about if one had to come up, these bad boys are 1800x900x3mm, can't see them coming up IF one had to, I would imagine the floor has to be as a mill pond

tiled with the thin porc's a year ago 600 x 300, didn't like it.. slightly bowed, and messy when deep bedding to make wall true.. not keen, commercially they are getting more popular with office blocks as cost effective in bulk, and very large format as you said 1000x1000, and yes they bend, as you can adhere one end, wait to it goes off, and bend the rest down a ramp.. !! Also being sold as a height issue solver, ie: tile on tile if UFH is present under existing tiles.. not keen.. but who knows may be the tile of the future !! @@

I think it's gonna be a learning curve either way.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
hi alan i think garythe tiler has plenty of these jobs under his belt hes maybe best man for a chat

LOL, just passed his details to the guy, 1 it's his neck of the woods, 2 as you say, done plenty, 3 I'm not tooled up / never touched anything like it, would do though if I had to 4 read 1 & 2 :)

Reply to 3mm thick floor tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen