Search the forum,

Discuss 365 drills time in the Dragons Den (yes THE den) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rob hutchinson

Hi buddy tough break but just keep plugging away. I have a nephew who was actually filmed on dragons den. he was promoting the yaki box Japanese cooking kit. He turned down an offer from Peter Jones as Peter wanted a stake in all of his ideas and all future ones.My nephew declined and Peter jones approached him after the show and made him another offer which he again declined. He is a clever young lad and is doing very well with some of his other inventions, however I always wonder where he might be now if he had accepted Peters offer. Send me your contact & product range details cos I am course leader for a large training organisation which has a couple of training centres in the northeast. Our tiling tutors at the centres would probably be interested in your drill range for the dreaded porcelain tiles. Good luck again mate. :clover:

D

DHTiling

Hi buddy tough break but just keep plugging away. I have a nephew who was actually filmed on dragons den. he was promoting the yaki box Japanese cooking kit. He turned down an offer from Peter Jones as Peter wanted a stake in all of his ideas and all future ones.My nephew declined and Peter jones approached him after the show and made him another offer which he again declined. He is a clever young lad and is doing very well with some of his other inventions, however I always wonder where he might be now if he had accepted Peters offer. Send me your contact & product range details cos I am course leader for a large training organisation which has a couple of training centres in the northeast. Our tiling tutors at the centres would probably be interested in your drill range for the dreaded porcelain tiles. Good luck again mate. :clover:

Hello rob mate....
I would deffo recommend them for porcelain tiles mate...they don't cut a massive amount of holes but for there price they are top notch and go for ages on ceramics.....TRUST ME..!!!!!!!

R

rob hutchinson

Cheers Dave, I'm always on the look out for good gear. Steve our tutor at Peterlee centre ( we call him Tim the tool man taylor) is a tool fanatic, he has more tools than anyone I know. He's even enquired to Rubi @ getting one of those GOLD coloured tile cutters that they do for display just so he can admire it when he is at home. How mad is that??????????? :cheers2:

D

DHTiling

not mad at all..lol loo...i bidded for a limited edition ts 30 on ebay...it was green and gold but got out bid before i seen it go....£143.00...shucks ..never mind...

D

Deleted member 1779

I know you will be shocked (and probably wont believe me!) but we do everything here in the UK.

Although I run (and own) 365drills I have close contacts with a number of quality UK companies and together we are able to take on - and beat - India, China, Taiwan and others on everything except labour costs.

In India labour is 50p an hour. In the UK its ten times that.

But as a team we all add value in spead of delivery, elegance in design, patent filing, quality and true UK engineering skills. Its funny because we all met the other day and one thing we think has happened in the UK is that as survivors we all had to get smart very quickly. Only the best survive.

You might be suprised to know we are begining to sell goods back to China - and that is a real feather in the cap for UK manufacturing.

Also dont believe that everything is cheap to produce abroad. What's leveled the playing field in the last few years is they still have to buy the same hi tec production equipment as us. Still have to pay for tooling. Have to use expensive energy to produce. Have to buy expensive raw materials. And pay a lot fuel for delivery...

Its now so expensive to buy the raw materials, to produce and ship the stuff and that adds the true cost. A lot of automation has reduced the numbers of 50p per hour employees. Its great news for the UK because we are all fighting tooth and nail to keep jobs, money and expertise here.

Also remember if you have your own good idea for solutions to a problem you might come up against in your daily working life then you can contact me in confidence and we can put a package together for you from patent filing to production. This is a sophisticated operation - we are not talking about fred and bob in the back garden writing the idea on a *** packet.

We have access to millions of pounds of UK plant and machinery plus CAD design and expertise.

Just to give you an idea of what I am talking about take a look at who is in the UK doing serious damage to foreign production - here are some great contacts.

G M Tools - Can you spot the similarities in site design to 365drills....

Metromold - Injection moulding of any plastic components up in Newcastle

Fulfilment House - Order production "kitting" and dispatch down South in Dorset

who.jpg

Richard & Phillippa Hazell of 365drills with Andy & Lisa Goodman at an award ceromony for UK manufacturing.

OK I am banging the drum for the UK but all the guys above including me are serious and passionate about keeping manufacturing skills alive here.

"The Sunday Sermon is over..." LOL :lol:

N

nezbian

Well im glad people are still keeping production in england coz without fellas like you this country would be down the pan.Sounds like an excellent product to me mate.Keep up the stirling work!!!:thumbsup:

S

sWe

Sorry to hear about you not getting onto TV. You seem industrious enough though, so it'll work out in the end for you...

Happy to hear that you're keeping production close to the market. Have you considered the environment angle when marketing it? Surely manufacturing the product close to it's intended market has less impact on the environment when it comes to (especially) transports than it would have if it was made on the other side of the globe? I'm also quite certain that you brits use methods less harmful to the environment in your production processes than, say, the Chinese.

You could also push the patriot angle on the packaging on the items going into stores. "Made in Great Britain" or something :) I mean, I know I am willing to pay a slight premium for a locally made item over a foreign made product of comparable quality.

Just a thought.

P

penno

You did actually get on TV, not full interview but a clip when they show various ideas, i made a post on here ages ago about seeing 365 on Dragons den.

Reply to 365 drills time in the Dragons Den (yes THE den) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen