Search the forum,

Discuss 300x600 do they come curved ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

ian158

Ive recently done a bathroom,pictures attached, i do all the work, plumbing the lot, in fact ive only really started doing them since Jan, mostly do kitchens, so Im new and learning, and found this site invaluable. But this is only the 2nd 600x300 tiling job ive done, and as there where 6 different batch number i left the last batch on the back wall, not shown, and came across terrible lippage, could not work it out, packed tiles everything, it wasnt until i put a straight edge on 4 that I found out the tiles were bowed, 3mm difference, how the hell can i prevent lippage, tiles were last of the run,.
IMG_0498.jpg IMG_0494.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I

ian158

oh and for those of you that are sharp eyed, yes the top door hinge is WORD REMOVED the holes drilled in the glass were drilled wrong, the fun of customers ordering off the internet, plumb word, victoria plumb to name but 2. also dilemma was do I go for equal cuts at left and right of room or should I have made the triangle cut in front of shower tray symmetrical to tray, and not worry about cuts either side of room ?

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jay

Get use to it .always check tiles before fixing place them face to face and eyeball.or lay them out on flat floor (without glue) two to three rows 4x2 rows then move the second row to half bond that will show the bow up,as for batches wouldn't risk laying different batches in one room it will bite you .

D

doug boardley

brickbond will always show up bowed tiles, great thing hindsight but always check them prior to fixing.

P

Perry

yes they always are :8: always check batch numbers before you start and point out any damage to anything

I

ian158

hindsight from now on, managed to lose them as it was a sliding door that covered them up, but only when open, so made a panel, with trim so the door slides behind the panel, which will be painted, so you cant see the "mistake" customer is happy, thank god. live and learn as mum use to say :oops:

T

Time's Ran Out

You've been lucky to get away with fixing 6 different batch numbers.
Not even an experienced tiler would be able to make a good job of fixing bowed tiles in brick bond. But the experience is knowing that before you fix them and changing the design to stacking, or returning the tiles on account of poor quality, or indeed walking with a reputation intact.

I

ian158

I didn't get them, the customer got them, from topps tiles, it wasn't till after I laid them I said I need to rip (16 tiles) these off and get 2 new boxes, he told me they were a discontinued line, hence the 6 different batch numbers !, as for walking, i got this job through MY hammer website and it all relates to feedback, and walking would have ruined my 100% feedback, believe me i wanted to walk, but would have caused me bad feedback.

Reply to 300x600 do they come curved ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen