Search the forum,

Discuss 3 way mitre in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Cabnero

Hi guys. Hope you can help me. Beeb banging my head against a wall today. Can you cut a 3 way mitres using square edge trim. Been really struggling. If so any advice would be appreciated. If not what would my options be. I know you can mitre the tile but have never done this before. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Like this you mean, get a trim that has a corner piece to finish

$_3.JPG

A

AndY mac

The only other way to do this without a corner piece is to do 45s on the six points of the trims bringing them to point. Time consuming and gives you a sharp corner

F

Flintstone

If using box trims it's all good if you aren't using the flat square edge ones, all you can do it mitre the top two

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
Currently using metal trim on site work and i do it like so : using the pic above , if you said the left tile was the window reveal ( I'm talking half height tiling here) , the trim to the top right I cut square to the edge of the tile , then mitre the other 2 pieces . Looks fine for a a site work finish , . In fact a lot of the other guys I know moaned when I started doing it cos they just cut it square and overlap it - gross . Personally I couldnt leave it like that.

Diggy :0)

C

Cabnero

Thank guys fir all your answers. I ended up mitring the top 2 and cut the other one straight. It looks OK. I sometimes over think things and end up in my own backside!!!

Reply to 3 way mitre in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen