Search the forum,

Discuss 3 way mitre in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

steve m w

First off hi chaps,new here so sorry if this is in the wrong section.I could do with a bit of advise re.3 way mitres,the job is using 9mm chrome trim,I have 12 to do hence not wanting to buy corners:thumbsdown:My verticle and left hand trim match up perfectly but I cannot get the right hand trim to match up the mitres look to big(the angle is right but the cut on the trim is to long)hope you can make some sense of that.Cheers in advance.
Steve

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Not sure if I am right, but if the trim isn't an exact quarter circle, you will not get a perfect cut. Someone will correct me I am sure if wrong.

The link that Captain Slow has given is a great thread

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Your're right chris. It can be a paid with some trims that curve more. I used to get trims that did have that perfect 45 degree angle on them, though not always possible with 9 or 12mm in the chrome.

P

Prem Tiler

It sounds like the trim has uneven curve. if so your gonna have a whole world of trouble. if it is even then you need to make sure the start point of your cut is exactly the same length of other.

theres soooo easy when you know how. and as CS said there its the only way to go!

D

DHTiling

I use a 3 way corner on metal trims...Any metal mitres will have a chance of sharp edges and can cut hands etc.

Similar to this one by schluter..

spacer.gif
quadec_370_x_279_copy.jpg

Reply to 3 way mitre in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen