Search the forum,

Discuss 3/4" WBP and Backer Board or 1" WBP?! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

PGM Tiling Solutions

Hello again all,

Apologies for the recent inactivity on my profile, maxed out on DIY and a new job to boot!
I am in the process of doing up our kitchen/diner and currently have a split level floor. The plan is to put down a sub frame and board it prior to tiling. I am fortunate to be working where I can get all building materials and tools at wholesale + 5% which means that the WBP a,d Backer Board is a LOT cheaper than normal!

What are your thoughts on what you would here? My gut feeling tells me to go for the 3/4" WBP then 1/4" Backer board (fixed with adhesive and screwed at 300mm centres). Some of the guys that work there are advising to go straight to the 1" then tile, but admittedly, none of them are tilers!

I look forward to seeing your thoughts/comments and any advise is gratefully received.

Paul

J

jay

use the cement sheet to and screw at 150mm centres in the guts and at 75mm centres around edges

P

PGM Tiling Solutions

Tile choice/size has yet to be made but possibly 300 x 300 or 300 x 600 and I doubt they'll be porcelain.

Reply to 3/4" WBP and Backer Board or 1" WBP?! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen