Search the forum,

Discuss 22mm Ply or 22mm chipboard? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

ukracer

Got some answers already from previous post and ended up ripping up ensuite floor that was 18mm chipboard due to bounce and creaks.

Going to strenghthen joists tommorow and put down new floor.

Which would be better 22mm ply or 22mm chipboard panels ?

Once down does it need anything doing to it before i tile with Bal flexi?

Also was mentioned to use acrylic sealant ,think for the new bare plasterboard before tiling is this correct? And do you have any recommended products?

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Check the instructions on the adhesive for where you need to prime, and what with. If you go down the Ply route for the floor, you may need to prime back and sides before laying. :thumbsup:

D

DERBER

Got some answers already from previous post and ended up ripping up ensuite floor that was 18mm chipboard due to bounce and creaks.

Going to strenghthen joists tommorow and put down new floor. 1

Which would be better 22mm ply or 22mm chipboard panels ? 2

Once down does it need anything doing to it before i tile with Bal flexi? 3

Also was mentioned to use acrylic sealant ,think for the new bare plasterboard before tiling is this correct? And do you have any recommended products?
1.. good idea
2.. 18mm wbp ply screwed at least every 300mm
3.. Prime under and on the edges of the ply
4.. sbr primer or what your dealer sells. NOT PVA. Bal White Star is self priming. walls only.. But then again i always prime anyway...

D

doug boardley

ply for me as well, pretty sure bal 2 part flexi states not to prime. Prime walls wit an acylic primer if using powder adhesive, no need to if using tubbed (assuming it's bare plasterboard)

Reply to 22mm Ply or 22mm chipboard? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am trying to achieve a low floor build up including wet UFH over a new suspended timber...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen