Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss 20mm arbor angle grinder in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

mistral

Anybody come across an angle grinder that has a 20mm arbor as opposed to the usual 22mm one? I came across some diamond blades when I was in East Asia that are 105mm with a 20mm centre - I just wonder what they're used in.

G

Gazzer

While working in Australia my Bosch (blue) grinder used a 100mm wheel ( actually about 105mm) and had a smaller arbour about 16mm i think. I used DTA wheels, readily available in "Bunnings" ( Oz equivilant of B&Q) and they came with bushes for different arbours.
I have seen 105mm wheels over here but not many.

M

mistral

While working in Australia my Bosch (blue) grinder used a 100mm wheel ( actually about 105mm) and had a smaller arbour about 16mm i think. I used DTA wheels, readily available in "Bunnings" ( Oz equivilant of B&Q) and they came with bushes for different arbours.
I have seen 105mm wheels over here but not many.

Yes, these are 105 x 20mm and there is a ring adapter to sleeve it down to 16mm.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gazzer

Just change your grinder, get a Makita and no more problems. Its not worth the hassle.

A

Allan Holloway

Just change your grinder, get a Makita and no more problems. Its not worth the hassle.
All my grinders, including my two Makitas have 22mm arbours because all blades in the UK have 22mm centre bores. I've bought high quality glass cutting discs from Asia and they are 20mm bores, yet there seems to be no conversion kit on the market!!

Reply to 20mm arbor angle grinder in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks