Search the forum,

Discuss 2012: New 6mm & 8mm tile drill prototype stage need volenteers to test it in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

OK we have a new tile drill in development for 2012 onwards in the 6mm and 8mm size.

Feedback from tilers has been that they want more lifespan from their cores.

So we want to recruit twenty tilers from this forum to take this new product FREE and to give us feedback.

At the moment the pack concept looks like this.

381411_10150368524372014_617362013_8141802_179182248_n.jpg

And it will contain a single drill plus a guide plate and water cooling sponge.

sponge3a.jpg

Pack will include the water sponge.

We then want you to test the core and let us know how its performing in real world situations.

If you are a genuine tilers forum member (we will look at your postings numbers) and would like to get involved then we will take care of everything.

It will not cost you a penny.

We also need a name for the product.
So far we are 365Drills and we produce PORSADRILL.

But we were looking for a nifty name for this little black drill. So far the name board is (in no particular order)

Black Chilli
Black Hole
Saw Core
Hardcore
Max RPM
Cool Core
Super Core
365Max
Turbo Core
Cool Core
Black Bullet
Black Diamond
Diamond Extreme
Shark Bit
Shark Core
Diamond Shark
Black Shark
Galaxy grinder
Atom Bomb
Ultra Core
Porsablack
Particle Core
Vaporisor
Black laser
Sniper drill
Diamond Storm
Black Heart
Mach 365
Vampire Bite
Razabit
Delta Core
Rock Hard
===========

If you would like to take part in the testing then just reply and we will contact you for your name and address.

On arrival to your home the testing kit will not look 100% perfect in the packaging but we will try our best to simulate the finished pack as best we can so that when it arrives to you then
part of your feeback can be on how it looks.

In future we will probably strip down the bathroom fitters kit so that the prices are all £29.99.
So you would get the big cores at 16mm, 30mm and 40mm cores for £29.99
A single 6mm drill for £29.99
A single 8mm drill for £29.99
Total value of the three packs would be about £89.97 with a discount of buy any two and get the third pack free so it would work out £59.98
This is just to help the testers to see if there is the right value for money.

We expect to have this all put together for you guys by 12th December so there is a couple of weeks. If we can have your feedbacks by end of Jan 2012 that would be great because we would want to launch it commercially by Feb 2012.

Also dont worry the main best seller the Bathroom Fitters Kit
it will STILL BE SOLD and it will still be £49.99. We are not scrapping it!

kit2.jpg

We will STILL continue to sell the popular value for money kit above.

But at the moment we intend to create another set by removing the 6mm and 8mm from it to create another set of just the service pipes for £29.99
These are the ones at the bottom of the pack and then combining the other 6mm and 8mm cores.

Hope that all makes sense and please let us know what you think should be the ultimate product name.

S

Stewart

I'll give it a try with an honest appraisal for you and compare it to the set I have had for a few years now which I've used to cut hundreds of holes. As for the name, I like "Porsal Black"

Created on iPhone.....

D

Deleted member 1779

Sir Ramic you were first on my list anyway.. So Neale yes I will send out to you.
Stewart yep I will get one out to you too.
So 18 places left...

M

Mike

i'll try one if possible too please. and like stewart i can compare it my set i purchased a few months ago, still going strong by the way. i like the 'ultra core' as the name, sounds good but not gimmicky

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi richard,i would gladly try this out for you with honest feedback..as it happens i used same sized cutters from a company i wont name atm last month and they didnt cut a single hole through the porcelain.so will be good to use a nice cutter in this size

D

Deleted member 1779

Mike Yep that makes you tester number 17
Kilty great... you are tester number 16 ( and shame on you for using other brands!! :smilewinkgrin: )

Ultra core and Pro Core are good ones. (Doesnt bring anything too weird up when you "google" them.
Suggestion also came in "Black Scorpion" to add to the list.

I

Ian

I'll gladly test one for you Richard. I do a fair old bit of hole coring and haven't had the pleasure of using any of yours yet. Do I need to PM my address or will you do all communication by e-mail?

D

Deleted member 1779

Well done Brian you are Tester number 15. For the moment the message is do nothing.
At the end of this thread when we have assembled our full team I will make contact with everyone by PM.
We will be ready to roll this out as I said more towards Christmas so I am not expecting fast results.
But I am hoping to get the feedback by end Jan.
Hang fire for now and I will be in contact with everyone once we have our crew !

Reply to 2012: New 6mm & 8mm tile drill prototype stage need volenteers to test it in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen