Search the forum,

Discuss 1st big porc job.. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

dboden

TF
Reaction score
Hi everyone... well I knew it would come soon, I have my first big tile porcelain job!! gulp..
20+ metres of wall with a 1m x 350mm porc tiles, and then similar on 5m floor.
I,m not too worries about the floor.. But I,m bricking it for the walls!!
Any tips and advice welcome.

ps, I think we are hiring a big wet cutter, and I have a Sigma B2M
also,
I was thinking of using this, do you think it will be ok?
https://www.emctiles.co.uk/main/product/productinfo/618/TA Trade FlexiRapid White 20Kg/1

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
With that size tile you will have to make sure that the walls have a flat plane, vertical and horizontal with a tolerance of maybe 2-3mm maximum other wise you will be padding out with addy, not a good idea.

Use a slow set rather than rapidset as well, give yourself some time and take your time don't rush it!!!

Reply to 1st big porc job.. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen