Search the forum,

Discuss Best tile adhesive for Heavy Terrazzo tiles On wall in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com.

Howard

-
Reaction score
I am installing heavy terrazzo tiles (size 400mm x400mm, and 20mm thick) onto lower part of bathroom wall up to height of 1200mm and also on the bathroom floor. They weigh 48kg/m2!. I am using the approriate backer boards on the floor and wall. But I am unsure as to the best adhesive to use. Thinking about Keraquick and latex plus from Mapei but i have had conflicting advice and, as a beginner, I don’t want to take any risks with these heavy tiles. Any advice welcome! Thanks.

Howard

-
Reaction score
I am installing heavy terrazzo tiles (size 400mm x400mm, and 20mm thick) onto lower part of bathroom wall up to height of 1200mm and also on the bathroom floor. They weigh 48kg/m2!. I am using the approriate backer boards on the floor and wall. But I am unsure as to the best adhesive to use. Thinking about Keraquick and latex plus from Mapei but i have had conflicting advice and, as a beginner, I don’t want to take any risks with these heavy tiles. Any advice welcome! Thanks.

Can anyone help? Heavy terrazzo onto KERDI-BOARD - has anyone done this? If the tiles are only up to 1.2M should I use mechanical fixings for the tiles too? I need some experienced advice!

Reply to Best tile adhesive for Heavy Terrazzo tiles On wall in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen