Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss which one??? aaarghhh in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just tried to find a video of the *****. Don't seem to have it in my usual storage. Unfortunately she ended up with cancer and had tumours riddled through her. Where her legs rubbed on the skin of her body they started to develop there on the outside so we had to call it a day. She was 100% normal in herself and for a week I was arguing with my parents saying she's fine (I didn't understand) so I spent the week doing things with her that she'd normally not do so often.

Bought a video camera (yeah had to do that sort of thing back then we didn't carry one around in our pockets permanently like we do now) and filmed her for hours a day playing in fields and streams and whatnot.

It was later in life when I got two miniature yorkies that I realised dogs were usually thick as a plank and didn't understand you unless you had a biscuit in your hand.

Had a male dog after, again a collie, and he was a stray for a couple of years and kept getting caught by the dog warden. He seemed to have a thing for getting annoyed with car headlights and would bark at them and try and send them off when I was walking with him, felt secure I guess. But when my parents took him out in the dark he'd hide behind them when he saw headlights, I assume in case it was a warden.

Really got on with them dogs I did. Used to take them everywhere. And it was well before the time of chavs having a bulldog or terrier to come across 'hard' so it was quite unusual to see a lad on his BMX with a collie chasing him around.

D

Dougs Third Go

a really desirable attribute in a gundog is a "soft mouth", this means that when it's retrieving it's not gonna crunch the hell out of the game it's bringing back to you. After the pigeon training I thought today that I'd try young Elvis with an egg, a fresh egg straight out of the nesting box. Elvis is 5 months old today and he's teething, ie, about to loose his puppy teeth and at this stage dogs tend to chomp down on things....I think I've got a good soft mouthed pup :)

J

J Sid

Good boy........

A trip to the garden centre would not go a miss, plant some flowers Doug.

Young Elvis is getting big.

D

Dougs Third Go

Good boy........

A trip to the garden centre would not go a miss, plant some flowers Doug.

Young Elvis is getting big.
that's my back garden Julian,,,dogs and boys aren't allowed in my front garden, especially on the lawn or flower beds ;)

D

Dougs Third Go

6 months old now (+2 days, but who's counting ;) ?), had his 6 month check-up at vets and all good, up to 21kg's (46lbs) and 2" taller than Ruby, my other wirehaired vizsla. Can't wait to get him out on the fells working.
2015-07-04 12.31.05.jpg

D

Dougs Third Go

taking Elvis (and Ruby of course!) on his first proper shoot today, we'll be on Barbon Fell for partridge. He's a big lad now just coming up 8 months old and already 4 inch taller than Ruby, I'll post pics later :)

D

Dougs Third Go

here they are on the fell, he did really well for his first time out, got a little vid somewhere too that I can't find, I'll post that when I do find it :)
DSCF7778.JPG

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
here they are on the fell, he did really well for his first time out, got a little vid somewhere too that I can't find, I'll post that when I do find it :) View attachment 76227
That's post card worthy for some dog nerd like you pal that. Lovely shot. Bet you've got dozens just as awesome where you are eh?

What camera is that taken with?

D

Dougs Third Go

bought a gopro (hero3 white edition) on saturday, hopefully the chest/back dog harness that I bought off ebay comes tomorrow,,,,be prepared to be seriously bored with dogs' eye view videos :)
@Dan,,it was a fuji finepix point and go jobbie ;)

Reply to which one??? aaarghhh in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks